Monday, October 4, 2010

Having a "Monday"



Don't you hate when Monday lives up to it's name?

Fall has definitely arrived to our corner of the world. And I love it. In fact, after climbing out of bed and stumbling to the kitchen, I noticed the tell-tale sign of the tile floor feeling much cooler on my bare feet. Refreshing.

So I decided that a warm bowl of oatmeal sounded like just the breakfast dish to celebrate the new season. Setting aside my usual yogurt, I whipped up a batch and got ready to dive in. I grabbed a spoon from the drawer, balancing my warm bowl on the palm of my hand. Only a genius would have held it by the edge, you know. With a little milk poured on top, I needed to give it a good stir to blend it. But apparently warm bowls of oatmeal don't like to balance on the palms of sleepy mamas hands. They'd much rather be here:


Miraculously, I caught the bowl, but not the contents.  Hope you're Monday is looking a little more scrumptious than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment