Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WIWW: Early Maternity Clothing Rut

I'm really not sure how she does it. Lindsey from The Pleated Poppy, that is. When she's not busy running her own home-based, online store, posting to her blog, or homeschooling her three adorable kids, she manages to keep up with what she wears basically every single day. In an effort to keep herself out of the rut of comfy pants and a sweatshirt for daily attire. She does a great job of explaining her purpose behind this project in her post this week.

Believe me as a stay-at-home mom, it would be more than easy to go with the sweats ensemble on a daily basis. In fact, it's a selection I've been going with a lot lately. Partially because it's cold and fleece pants and a cropped sweatshirt are warm. And partially because the first trimester of pregnancy has got to be the sleepiest time ever. All. day. long. Zombie-style. Even sleepier than the first months of having a newborn baby at home! At least then you have all those new mommy hormones going. Right now it's the new-baby-growing hormones and they're begging me to go back to bed.

I've participated in Lindsey's weekly What I Wore Wednesday post once before and realized just how crazy organized she and all the participants must be for being able to keep up with their photos each week. Heck, I can hardly remember if I've put on deodorant yet or not each morning! But I decided I'd give it another shot to encourage myself to get out of my early maternity clothing rut after my youngest brother stopped by for a visit and asked me if I had started wearing maternity clothes yet. Uh, no, punk! I haven't gained any weight! I suppose he couldn't tell under the sweats.

Anyway, I decided to attempt this again before the kids decided to pick up the stomach bug and donate it ever so kindly to me too. So I have three usable pictures. Instead of the six or seven I aimed for. Really, you don't want to see what I looked like on the other days of either the boys tossing their cookies or me tossing my cookies. But at least I tried! (I suppose it's all only payback for no morning sickness!?!)

sweater: WalMart...loooong time ago. For like $5.
tank: Kohls
jeans: Target...they're the thin "trouser" kind. Unfortunately I've worn them too many times and they're now completely unflattering on me.
socks: Old Navy. Surely I didn't wear just these all day!?!

ugh. I think I'm starting to look sickly in this pic.
green top: Old Navy
sweater: Old Navy...I would have bought this in every color five years ago if I'd have known how much I'd love it
jeans: SteinMart
Birkenstocks: the PX in at the naval base in Pensacola

I promised this looked cuter in the morning. And did include shoes. By 4pm when I remembered to take the pic it had turned into this.
white T: Old Navy
sweater: Old Navy. New. So comfy and I love it. Kinda makes me look like I'm trying when I really don't feel like it. Bet my mom would hate it.
jeans: Old Navy. Need to be retired. Badly!

Maybe I'll check back in as the belly gets bigger and I do start wearing maternity clothes! Still got a long way to go!

1 comment:

  1. hope you get over your super-tiredness soon--i know what that's like!
    love your last outfit with the cute black sweater!

    ReplyDelete