Friday, January 4, 2013

TTT: Season 4, Episode 1

Happy New Year, Friends and Family! And happy beginning to Season FOUR of Three Thought Thursday! I can't believe this begins the fourth year of weekly journaling. Wow! And that there are actually people still reading...double wow!

Sure, it's not my standard "three thoughts" but I thought I'd kick the year off with what lots of people love the most: pictures. The past two weeks have been so full of action, excitement, love, and laughs that instead of pouring over them in fluffy words, I figured I'd just share the pictures...of course, with my captions thrown in as commentary. Be prepared...this is way, way, WAY overboard!!!

Pretty blurry but fun nonetheless...we love Christmas!
Football drills! (aka: energy burner)
My dad trying to catch a bird in his house. Yeah, that happened.
Seeing Christmas lights in luxury!
As always, Rudy loves babies and spent a good chunk of time playing with adorable little Will. 
Chaos, anyone?
John trying out the big kid bike with Uncle Mark! I love that face!
Christmas Eve morning!
Showing off my pretty watch that all of my guys gave me.
Kolbe drew this family portrait, wrapped it himself, and gifted it to us. Love.
My favorite guys in the world.
After trying out some Razor scooters that belong to their friends, the boys decided they really wanted one too.  Luckily, Papa Jeep sent a Target gift card so Mama and Dada were able to go grab the last two at Target on the 23rd...thanks Papa Jeep!
Out riding scooters in the cold with my love on  Christmas Eve morning!
This guy is already a pro.
Rudy is pretty great at the scooter as well, for a three year old, but he's also content to play with his super heroes too.
Park time!
I die. I mean, really. Cutest little kid pic ever.
Jack Pat! This guy (and his fam) stayed at our house for four nights and we had so much fun with him.
Poor Kennedy...her lip was cracked and kept bleeding. She's our sweet little vampire look-alike!
Baby Will...soooo sweet and the most content baby ever.
This is what happens on the way to 8pm mass when little boys have had a very exciting day.
Uncle Pat made it to town!
Family picture after mass.
Christmas Morning at Pinkie and Pa's.
Goooooo Tech!!!
Mark drew Pat's name and insisted on getting him a fully loaded beer holster for all of his Air Force functions as one of several gifts.  Sooooooo Pat. 
I love this picture. Rudy was over-the-moon excited about finally getting his long pined after Hulk man. He was ecstatic!!!
Cousins!!!!
The kid table for Christmas dinner. 
Wrestlemania!!! 
Mr. Jackson (aka Jack Pat) 
Mr. John Boy (aka Juan Diego...this are Mark's nick names)
We hosted a game night at our house that was full of Christmas themed Minute to Win It games. So much fun!!!
I didn't get the best pictures because I was busy setting up/"running" the games, but Andy and Pat were great at playing tennis with the packaging bow and paper plates! 
And both Casey and Pat had fantastic methods for getting legos out of the tissue boxes strapped to their backs.
Uncle P and Rudy
Uncle Brian and Aunt Cristi made plans to come down for New Years and when G-ma discovered that well priced flights were still available, she decided to come too! So we had a few days to ring in the new year Asmussen-style.
G-ma gave the boys their own instruments...New Orleans, here we come!
And even Ellie the Dog paid us a visit...she was decked out in her sweet Texas Tech dog jersey that we got her for Christmas.
Opening gifts with G-ma.

We also did a family photo shoot in my parents back yard that went really well. I'll post those later though. In the mean time, Happy New Year to you all! And thanks for keeping up with our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment