Thursday, January 24, 2013

TTT: Season 4, Episode 4

1. I need a blogger tutor. I've spent the past hour trying to figure out how to properly upload videos to the blog. It took me for.ev.er to "properly" load two videos to last week's post...only to find out that they only played when viewed from an actual computer. They don't play when viewed from a phone or ipad. Ugh. I need it to be super simple when it comes to blogging, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It seemed to work just fine when I uploaded videos from my PC once upon a time but since switching to a Mac, I've had major issues each time. Anyone out there have any tips for loading videos to blog posts? Pretty please!?! 'Cause every time I take a video on my phone Mark always follows it up with "You've got to put that on the blog so we can watch it years from now." And yes, we do go back and watch the other videos. They're priceless!

2. The weather has been gorgeous here over the past week so we've spent the majority of our time outdoors. Going on walks, trips to parks, time at the skate bowl, these guys love being outside. I'm typically more of an indoors person, but with temps in the seventies, even I  can't wait to get outside each day! The boys are so in love with their scooters and are becoming really confident while riding them. So confident that it makes me nervous most of the time! I can see them starring in the X Games or something years from now and asking for pictures and videos from when they first began. We certainly have our share of those! I love seeing them take such an interest in both the outdoors and sports. We are definitely loving life right now!

3. Tantrums, Treasures, and Tidbits
- My brother Dave is here! Our whole family loves Dave, especially the little boys. We can't wait to spent time with him while he's here.
- I got to be the "guest reader" for Kolbe's pre-school class today. Uncle Dave came with me and Kolbe was SO surprised. It was precious! And it was also lots of fun to see Kolbe with his classmates. Their age is just too cute.
- I'm trying to re-arrange our laundry room/ the garage entry. Let's just say that our laundry room is a totally impossible space. You have to pass through it when coming in from the garage which is how we normally enter and, with the washer and dryer in place, we've got roughly two feet by four feet to maneuver. I have no room to complain, but yeesh, I've got to get this tiny space to function better!
- Our healthier eating bit has been going well! Mark and I were so proud as we watched our boys eat lettuce wraps the other night. With no complaining!
- It seems like Mark has been on call a ton lately. He only picked up one extra weekend of call, but that has essentially made it every other weekend since right after Christmas. Again, I have no room for complaints, but I guess I have gotten spoiled with him being off a little more!
- I don't say it nearly enough, but let me just tell you: I love my life!


I guess we'll try this video thing again....



The boys riding in "the bowl" in our neighborhood. A few weeks ago I wouldn't let them go anywhere near it! Now we're there every.single.day.

Showing off their necessary skills...'cause when they're at the bowl with just Mama, it's pretty hard for me to fish them out!

So. This happened this weekend. On Saturday night, Mark took the big boys to the monster truck show in Houston. (I know.) I'm sure if I had been in attendance, I would have an entire paragraph to write on this. Gladly, I was not. But the boys sure had a blast!
Instead, my dad watched Grantness so my mom and I could go grab dinner together! Girls night!
Luckily, this babe sleeps just as hard as he plays. 
Kolbe and Rudy want bunk beds so bad! So they decided to "make their own" in the backyard. 
This has been our life this week! Soooo nice!
Oh, and this too, of course.
With a little bit of this thrown in for the youngest since he hasn't quite gotten down the scooter yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment