Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What I Wore Wednesday

Give me a second...

I'm nervous!

Yes, this is my first time to participate in something I've been following for quite some time. The author of a favorite blog of mine, Lindsay at the Pleated Poppy, has been doing a weekly posted called "What I Wore Wednesday" for quite some time now. It's kind of like an effort to...well, you know, make an effort in what you wear. And accountability of sorts. Not only with other participants but heck, with the camera as well. I've been meaning to participate, and even Mark has encouraged me to do so, but I've just never gotten around to actually leaving the camera out and available every morning for photo ops.

I also think it's partially a mind game. People are going to think I'm vain! Like I'm saying that my style is to be emulated, or something! That couldn't be farther from the truth. In fact, I think my style is far worse now than in my yester-years. I've digressed. But that's part of the whole challenge! To actually make an effort to be presentable. For my husband. For others. For my kids. For myself.

And hey, I'm banking on these photos being pretty laughable in years to come too. What great fodder for the kids to look at twenty-five years from now! ...Can you believe mom wore/ looked like/ went out in public like that!?! Hey, just trying to archive a little piece of the life that is mine here in 2010.

So without further adieu....
Thursday:
(just my average day being mom...library for story time, errands, etc.)
magenta tank: old navy
white top: Target clearance ($2.00)
jeans: Target

The shoes missed the pic but I just had to add them cause they're cuties...SteinMart

Friday:
(around the house, grocery store, dinner at my brother's)
white tank: Walmart
black boyfriend cardigan: Old Navy
jeans: SteinMart
sandals: Target
necklace: Old Navy clearance
(I would consider this outfit an ultimate sampler of the places I buy almost all of my clothes. Sad, I know.)

Saturday:
(hanging with family most of the day...that outfit not pictured...and then my cousin's thirtieth birthday party)
top: Old Navy clearance
jeans: SteinMart...their NineWest and are the best fit ever. I have two pair.
sandals: SteinMart

Sunday:
(church, hanging at home, dinner with the in-laws)
tank: Kohls
dress: Target clearance ($5!)
leggings: (I got cold at the last minute) Walmart
cropped jean jacket: Old Navy
sandals: SteinMart
necklace: ???

Monday:
(music class...that was cancelled, errands, library)
I'm pretty sure this is the look I'm supposed to be avoiding!!!
t-shirt: Old Navy
capris: ???
jacket: Target clearance
flip flops: American Eagle

Tuesday:
(around the house, annual "female" appointment, cousin's house, family time)
Apparently I thought fixing my hair and make-up would make the gown-that-closes-in-the-front a little less demoralizing...
tank: Kohls
mini-cardigan: Old Navy
jeans: SteinMart (the other pair...)
flip flops: American Eagle
necklace: a beach shop somewhere along Pensacola Beach circa 1998

3 comments:

  1. You are very cute. I really like that last outfit on you, pretty! Thanks for sharing.
    I have a "Bejeweled WEdnesdays" link up for those who are looking for jewelry accessorizing sharing and ideas!
    jewelscapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! I love all your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a bad start at all!! Great job. Cute flats!

    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete